My Patron: Mr. Pretolani

I believe everyone has their own character. And it’s shows from their outfit. But also, not everyone can pull out their character with outfit, which I say they don’t learn and don’t know what is their character is.

Michael Pretolani, the guy behind GAVETA brand, a very unique Italian brand. They create ready to wear and accessories for men. Michael has a very unique personality and its appear from the collection he made. Every pieces are one of a kind and not same to each other.

He use a different fabric for pants in the right and left side, also for jacket, coat and vest. I ask him why he like to do that? "It’s just simply I love both fabric", Michael answered me with his English-Italian accent. Every pieces of this clothes has a different story for me, he showed one pieces of jacket that he made with his partner Angelo Gallamani, who was work for Prada and responsible for the fabric.

"My father was work as tailor for the Italian army, so I used to see him working with the sewing machine, that makes me very curious about what he was doing. And after that I help him, then now I have my own brand. Sometimes people called me crazy because what I am wearing, but I don’t care, it’s me, it my style, it’s my personality and my lifestyle", said Mr. Pretolani.

What i love about his style are he always wearing pants, vest or jacket that using many different fabric and texture in one pieces. A different socks right and left and also a different shoes right and left. But i don't know somehow it looks good on him an fitted with his personality. 

I follow him (@michael_pretolani)  on my Instagram and always give him a like and comment when I saw him posting something interest me and I love. And then I try to direct massage him via Instagram because I want to come to Pitti Uomo in Florence and would be nice to meet him in person. Then he gave his WhatsApp number, and we make an appointment in Florence. So I meet him in person, and he was a very nice guy and also very friendly. I can call him my friend right now! Beside my patron.


Mr. Micahel Pretolani busy in his pop up store during the Pitti Uomo


Me and Michael Pretolani

GAVETA collection

Angelo Gallamani

The men's accessories that he made by hand
Photo : Ion Akhmad

Comments

Popular Posts